Beta-Glucan: Boot Camp for Immune Systems
Bakers' Yeast Formula for Clinical
Other Clinical Uses
Although beta-glucan has been most widely tested and used as an immune-stimulating anti-cancer agent, it has also shown efficacy as an effective immune stimulant in a variety of infectious diseases (including anthrax), as well as a radioprotectant and anti-toxic substance.
VRPs beta-glucan has been exclusively derived from bakers yeast--identical to the substance that has been used in a number of clinical studies. Based on clinical and animal studies, beta-glucan is usually used in doses ranging from 30 to 1,000 mg/day, based on severity of the illness and clinical response.
Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment Audio - meditation, altered states, relaxation, improved learning and memory, relaxation, anti-stress, lucid dreaming, improved sleep, hemispheric coherence and increased corpus callosum communication.
1. Mizuno T, et al. Antitumoractive substances from mushrooms. Food Rev Int 1995;11:23-6.
2. Tokunaka K, et al. Immunological and immunotoxicological activities of a water soluble 1-3 beta D glucan, CSBG, from a Candida spp. Int J Immunopharmacol 2000; 22:383-94.
3. Bacon J, et al. The glucan component of the cell wall of bakers yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) considered in relation to its ultrastructure. Biochem J 1969;114:557-67.
4. Baur SK, Geisler G. Variability of the beta-glucan content in oat caryopsis of 132 cultivated oat genotypes and 39 wild oat genotypes. J Agr Crop Sci 1996;176:151-7.
5. Adachi Y, et al. The effect enhancement of cytokine production by macrophages stimulated with 1,3 beta D glucan, grifolan, isolated from Grifola frondosa. Biol Pharm Bull 1994;17:1554-60.
6. Ohno N, et al. Effect of beta-glucan on the nitric oxide synthesis of peritoneal macrophage (sic) in mice. Biol Pharm Bull 1996;19:608-12.
7. Babineau TJ, et al. Randomized phase I/II trial of a macrophage-specific immunomodulator (PGG-glucan) in high-risk surgical patients. Ann Surg 1994;220:601-9.
8. Babineau TJ, et al. A phase II multicenter double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study of three dosages of an immunomodulator (PGG-glucan) in high-risk surgical patients. Arch Surg 1994;129:1204-10.
9. Dellinger EP, et al. Effect of PGG glucan on the rate of serious postoperative infection or death observed after high-risk gastrointestinal operations. Betafectin Gastrointestinal Study. Arch Surg 1999; 13:977-83.
10. Seljelid R, et al. A soluble beta 1,3 glucan derivative potentiates the cytostatic and cytolytic capacity of mouse peritoneal macrophages in vitro. Immunopharmacology 1984;7:69-73.
11. Williams DL, et al. Therapeutic efficacy of glucan in a murine model of hepatic metastatic disease. Hepatology 1985;5:198-206.
12. Mansell PW, et al. Macrophage www.ed destruction of human malignant cells in vivo. J Natl Cancer Inst 1975;54:571-80.
13. Matsuoka H, et al. Lentinan potentiates immunity and prolongs the survival time of some patients. Anticancer Res 1997;17:2251-55.
14. Nakano H, et al. A multi-institutional prospective study of lentinan in advanced gastric cancer patients with unresectable and recurrent disease: effects on prolongation of survival and improvement of quality of life. Kanagawa Research Group. Hepatogastroenterology 1999;46:2662-8.
This site is featured in the Infinite Play the Movie
About Us |
Contact Us |
Translation Services |
Request Or Comment |
Products | Services |
Copyright Intelegen Inc. 1995 - 2010 All rights reserved